Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Homemade Salsa

We had Santa Fe Chicken last night, which is a Homemade Gourmet recipe.  But instead of using their salsa (which I should since I'm a consultant) I use our FAVORITE salsa recipe.  It's one we make from scratch at home.  My childhood neighbor passed this on to my mom, and my husband and I have tweaked it just a little.  Here it goes:

28 oz of Tomatoes (you can use canned, or fresh - our favorite is fresh)
5-6 green onions
3-4 garlic cloves (we used to you minced garlic, but have recently made the switch to fresh MMmmm!)
1-2 teaspoons of ground cumin
jalapenos to taste
3 capfuls of lime juice (or you can use lime pepper and eliminate the black pepper)
salt & pepper to taste

I blend all this up in my food processor.  Then, bring out the chips and taste it so you can add more of anything you want!  Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment