Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Calorie Watch

I failed to post yesterday, so I figured I'd post twice today!  Eventually I'd love to come up with a "plan" for the blog, because I just like plans and it helps keep me on target.  Like every day of the week would have it's own category and that's what I'd post on that day...we'll see.  It's a target :)  I will eventually get there!  Anyway, I've been on a mission since April to get back into shape and had hoped to lose a few pounds in the process.  Well, the getting into shape seemed to be going okay, but the losing part was going pretty slowly (aka non-existant) - partly because I wasn't watching what I was eating.  SO, a good friend suggested myfitnesspal.com to me.  It's a FREE website that will help you keep track of your calories.  You enter your goals, what you eat, as well as any exercise. On a tight budget, FREE sounded perfect!  It's been good for me; it was just what I needed to be more aware of my eating habits.  So here's a link in case you're interested here.  I am motivated as the last couple of weeks, this old woman (Yes, me) jogged while pushing my two kiddos and felt better than I felt when I was 19 and had to run a timed 2 mile for basketball.  Maybe it's the fact that it's my idea now and not that I'm forced to do it, but I felt good and excited that it didn't hurt as bad as I remembered.  I will be a runner someday ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment